THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE

THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE
PRAY FOR PEACE AND RECONCILIATION

Monday, January 15, 2007

ST CATHERINE'S HERMITAGE

St Catherine of Siena was torn between going out into the world to help the poor and living a contemplative life that was focused on the Lord. My St Catherine's Hermitage is a small retreat in the middle of town where I can be in prayer in a house of peace. It has a chapel where I go to pray.. where I can regroup again to go out into the world and help people. St Catherine of Siena was a person who was bold in her ways.. unafraid of standing up to Bishops who have lost their way, doing evil or hurting people by abusing their power. Even though I never thought I would become a Dominican and especially looking up to the life of St Catherine and Blessed Margaret of Castello the patron on the unwanted, I found that both their lives have encouraged my own vocation to continue on.

St Catherine of Siena

Blessed Margaret of Castello
Posted by Picasa