THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE

THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE
PRAY FOR PEACE AND RECONCILIATION

Thursday, April 25, 2013

ST FRANCIS AND ST DOMINIC


The saints inspire us to think about their lives, to look at the works that they have done while they were alive... their hardships and all the misunderstandings that they have endured as they crossed bridges and walked down pathways to the end of their life.

For me, it is difficult to see just one saint or saints of just one order and not recognize the good in all the saints, supporting saints of different orders.  I have a list of saints that have inspired me in my journey in this life and two of them are St Francis and St Dominic.   I am a Dominican, following the Dominican pathways but also the Franciscan pathways are with me because they are the same roadway.   St Catherine of Siena the Dominican and St Margaret of Cortona the Franciscan inspire.   I embrace the Dominicans and the Franciscans.. and all the others whose life and work bring me closer to the heart of God, which is the Father of all of the Saints.