THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE

THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE
PRAY FOR PEACE AND RECONCILIATION

Monday, May 4, 2009

THE JOURNEY

The only way to really understand someone's journey is to talk about it, yet to talk about something that was so traumatic to your life, happening as a child and for a very long time after, is difficult.

My desire to share is because if people understood what others can go through and still climb up and out of the pit that they were thrown in, they will see that all things are possible.

I give all my credit to God who walked with me through the most cruel and horrible experiences in my life and some of them happened right here within the church.

It is sad to say that in this great big world of ours, those that we look up to, to guide us down the path to Heaven, can be the greatest offenders, pulling people down by their indifference, by their insensativity and lack of understanding.

This doesn't mean that they are bad people or it is the fault of the church but rather it is the human conditions that does this.. that people, no matter how they are called, can fall and they can fail.

If people didn't fail me, I would never have been pulled toward God as much as I have... because I needed Him. So what might seem bad at the time, can really be a blessing. I was depended on God for everything and I used what He gave and turned it around and went out to help thousands of people, even though I was having a very hard time helping even myself.

God seems to work that way. Even though I have done a lot of good, I don't believe I have done much of anything. It is difficult to see any good I have done unless I am reminded.

I am sharing this little piece that was written about me because I believe that in order to understand that God really does help people, you would have to know the story of my Journey. No matter how rough the road for St St Paul, in the end won the race, and you will win the race, no matter what any one thinks of you, no matter how they treat you and no matter if you don't think you amount to much... God is there to help you win the race.
Patricia Kelley



Saturday, May 3rd, 2008

The only way to truly understand the power of these prison dog programs and the driving energy behind them is to understand the amazing and selfless woman who started them. Out of the unspeakable abuse she suffered as a child and young adult, a phoenix has risen. Like a phoenix—Sister Pauline would not be destroyed by her circumstances.

This defines Sister Pauline. Tough, resilient, often outspoken, and sometimes irreverently defiant-she’s not your stereotypical nun. Yet, she is filled with a capacity to love and forgive that would challenge most of us. She rose up out of unthinkable abuse to change her corner of the world, guided by a promise she made to God in her darkest hour.

It is no wonder that this one very amazing woman would become the founder of, and leading light for, the rapidly expanding, highly regarded prison dog programs. Her love and compassion for society’s throwaway people, coupled with her deep love for dogs became a formula for healing and change unprecedented in our prison systems.

The direction her life has taken has challenged and changed old paradigms of thinking that previously dictated what is either worthy or worthless in life. Thousands of humans and canines are offered hope-and yes, even redemption in these prison dog programs. Many have met Sister Pauline-most have not—but each human and canine life she has touched directly or indirectly has made the world a better place for them—and us.

I interviewed Sister Paulie extensively and was amazed and moved by her commitment to make the lives of those that most of us would rather forget about a little better. To give them a sense that someone cared.
She is a remarkable woman.

Her organization is Pathways to Hope.